Computer Science in the Primary Phase
Computer Science in the Primary Phase - Digital learning in the 21st century
The new curriculum aims to ensure that as they progress through EYS, KS1 and KS2, children will become more confident about applying their Digital Skills, becoming increasingly efficient and effective communicators, collaborators, researchers, analysts, evaluators who show imagination and creativity in their use of technology in different aspects of their learning and life beyond school.
This event looks closely at the demands of the new computing curriculum and will support those who attend to plan a whole school strategy, review available and new resources, focus on the implications and impact for learning and achievement and help delegates to create a skills strategy to take back and implement in school.
The event will include:-
- A review of the new computing curriculum, implications and impact across the whole school
- A focus on digital literacy and its place in the wider curriculum
- An in-depth look at the skills that need to be developed and taught including programming, information handling, creativity and games technology
- Tiime to review the pedagogy and teaching and learning that underpin effective classroom practice in the development of a computing and ICT curriculum
- Building effective assessment strategies into the development of an overarching curriculum from early years to year 6 and beyond
Who is it for?
Curriculum managers and leaders with responsibility for designing and delivering a computing strand to the learning agenda in school. Also teachers from specific year groups who want to develop their own skills in order to plan a computing strand that dovetails into the wider curriculum. Also those with responsibility for CPD and staff development who can use the learning and the resources to cascade the training to others back in school.
All our events are centrally located. Registation and refreshments are available from 9.30am for a 10.00am start, and we will finish around 3.30-4.00pm. We always provide lunch.
Second or Subsequent Delegate Price: