Coaching for Cover Supervisors
The emphasis on learning over time and the need to make sure that the learning in one lesson dovetails into learning across a sequence of lessons highlights the importance of the Cover Supervisor.
They have a vital role to play in ensuring the smooth running of the school when teachers are absent and are an integral part of the learning process.
This very popular and well received event supports Cover Supervisors to play their part in being a seamless replacement for the teacher allowing the learning to continue bringing positive outcomes for the learner, the regular teacher and the school.
The one day event will include:-
- The role, responsibilities and needs of the Cover Supervisor - reviewing their impact on learning
- Classroom and behaviour management and how to manage the learning to ensure progress and impact
- Looking at some best practice models and resources to support the Cover Supervisor in the classroom
- Developing a range of coaching skills that will support peer to peer reflection and the sharing and cascading of good and outstanding practice
- Next steps to ensure positive outcomes for cover lessons using the GROW coaching model
- Creating opportunities for dialogue, reflection and peer to peer communication can help to ensure that those members of the team who work in the role of Cover Supervisors have the confidence and are equipped with the skills to support the teacher in ensuring the learning is seamless.
Who should attend?
Experienced and new Cover Supervisors will benefit greatly from this profound opportunity to reflect on their practice and grow in their role within the classroom, their team and with their teaching colleagues.
This event will also be useful for those with responsibility for the professional development of Cover Supervisors who can take away a wealth of ideas and resources to undertake this training for groups of Cover Supervisors back in school or across a consortium of schools.
"I have learnt so much from today, I will take many of the ideas and adapt them to my teaching"
A Cover Supervisor from an Academy in Central London
"This has been an excellent day for me, I can't wait to put some of the ideas into practice".
A Cover Manager with a team of 6 who wants to deliver this training to her staff
"The trainer was so helpful and gave so many useful ideas and tips"
A delegate from a primary school in Birmingham
All our events are centrally located.
Registration and refreshments are available from 9.30am for a 10.00am start, and we will finish around 3.30-4.00pm. We always provide lunch.
Second or Subsequent Delegate Price:
Select & Book
- summer Term Dates
ManchesterMonday 17th September 2018
BirminghamTuesday 18th September 2018
LondonTuesday 25th September 2018
YorkThursday 27th September 2018
BristolWednesday 3rd October 2018
CardiffMonday 8th October 2018
ManchesterWednesday 17th October 2018
ExeterFriday 9th November 2018
The Coaching School - Bridgnorth, ShropshireFriday 16th November 2018
LeedsThursday 22nd November 2018
BirminghamFriday 23rd November 2018
LondonWednesday 5th December 2018