Delivering the new Computing Curriculum in the Secondary Phase - the quill pen of the 21st century
We explore the new computing curriculum and how to ensure that it can be delivered within the constraints of technology resources within school, using mobile devices and the expertise of the wider business and local communities.
We look closely at the content and how to deliver a programme that will build on prior learning, allow pupils to become digitally literate, identify links across the curriculum and provide opportunities to develop a range of strategies for developing pupils project management skills and an in-depth understanding of the many applications and examples of how to best use and adapt technology skills in the widest context.
This event will:-
- Explore the latest policy information, scope and rationale for the new Computer Science and ICT curriculum
- Review the key concepts that need to be taught at Key Stage 3 and 4 and how these dovetail into learning at Key Stage 2 and prepare for learning post 16
- The skills, range and content and what learners should know and understand
- Consider the implications for schools of resources, CPD and teacher expertise and how the wider community can support this important aspect of the school curriculum
- Focus on assessment within computer science learning and in the wider curriculum to ensure a consistent approach is adopted across the whole school
Who is it for?
An important event for Heads of ICT and Computing departments to review their planning for embedding a new curriculum model. Also Heads of Curriculum who can work closely with ICT managers to ensure that the right curriculum and timetable models can ensure a positive continuum of learning from the beginning of year 7 to GCSE and beyond. Also for teachers of ICT and Computer Science to focus on the content and delivery of their subject.
All our events are centrally located. Registation and refreshments are available from 9.30am for a 10.00am start, and we will finish around 3.30-4.00pm. We always provide lunch.
Second or Subsequent Delegate Price: