Creating the Expert Learner - Developing the learner voice
The emphasis on learning rather than teaching is fundamental to planning how to implement the new curriculum. It is a strand that runs through the new OFSTED Handbook and it is essential in developing new assessment strategies that will replaces the National Curriculum levels. This event looks at current thinking and practice in how to develop the learner voice so that the learner has a say in their curriculum, how it is taught and how they themselves can progress and achieve to their full potential.
The day will include:-
- A focus on the research and the evidence that involving the learner in their own learning journey can have a significant impact on individual, group and whole school improvement
- A review of outstanding practice that exists around the country and reflecting on what can work well in developing a learner voice strategy
- Time to reflect on what will work in different school settings and how to build on what already happens within school to foster learner voice
- An opportunity to develop coaching and mentoring skills designed to support learners to become more reflective, resilient and innovative in achieving their own goals and targets using powerful questioning techniques, listening skills and influencing strategies
- Space to draw together a plan and a chance to reflect with others on the potential, the vision and the possible impact developing the expert learner can have on learning and achievement
Who should attend?
This event is about strategic change and is therefore aimed at the senior leadership team. There are many possibilities and ideas some are small steps others will have a more far reaching impact on the whole school change. The possibilities are many and the rewards are significant. Members of the pastoral lead team will also benefit from attending this event as learner voice can be an integral part of supporting well being and confidence building.
All our events are centrally located. Registation and refreshments are available from 9.30am for a 10.00am start, and we will finish around 3.30-4.00pm. We always provide lunch.
Second or Subsequent Delegate Price: