Listening, questioning, sharing, collaborating, co-constructing, talking, reflecting, creating, empowering, influencing
A few of the words that describe the power of coaching as the most desirable way to build a CPD strategy for your school or college. Back to school does not mean been back to normal and many leaders in education are facing challenges that are unprecedented. Finding the solutions to continuing to provide a high quality of education and ensure all staff have the knowledge, skills, energy and motivation to deliver it is essential for learning for pupils and personnel across the organisation. Coaching is that solution.
The Learning Cultures’ coaching team know from many years’ experience that the most cost effective, innovative and solutions-focused way forward is to set about using the principles of coaching as a starting point for planning CPD for the next year and beyond. For most this will mean using virtual platforms and online tools.
“Remote coaching, mentoring and expert support can be effective alone or as part of broader professional development programmes (PD)
- Coaching and mentoring can improve skills and knowledge of professionals when delivered remotely and may reduce feelings of isolation in professionals
- Remote or blended coaching, mentoring and expert support can be used to complement broader remote or blended PD programmes
- Collaboration between colleagues may also improve PD outcomes through enabling reflective practice and collective problem-solving
The power of coaching transforms learning and teaching, builds dynamic teams and creates positive and incisive leaders. We have had a part to play in ensuring coaching is at the heart of CPD across many schools and colleges here in the UK and internationally. We have now spent the last six months finalising our online programmes using an ex Channel 4 producer and an award-winning designer to work with us to ensure our highly-praised and well-researched content is also accessible, interesting and relevant.
We have been astounded by the outcomes from the live coaching webinars that we have delivered throughout the summer and the success of the Moodle courses that we have developed for schools and colleges to buy and use anytime within their CPD calendar. The quality and flexibility of this approach means a whole new world of CPD and coaching possibilities to suit all those who educate across all sectors.
- Buy a whole course contained on a Moodle platform
- Select individuals or teams to join one of our live coaching webinars either over two or more mornings or as two or more twilight sessions
- Be a part of our coaching certification programme for both individuals or teams
- Ask for a coach to work with individuals in a series of one-to-one coaching sessions
- Let us design your INSET or CPD strategy using a blend of online and face to face sessions over time. We have the technical and the pedagogical expertise
- Work with one of our experts in coaching and education to realise your vision for school improvement and outstanding teaching and learning