Work with the experts and ensure that all your staff including senior leaders, middle managers, subject specialists, teachers and support staff are all equipped and ready to deliver a seamless and sequential curriculum. Create a curriculum offer that is designed to embrace knowledge, focus on skills and identify cross-curricular and subject specific concepts that will allow pupils to see connections and deepen their learning over time.
If you haven’t already and many have, start with our Re-thinking the curriculum suite, we have places available throughout the summer and autumn terms.
- Re-defining the Primary Curriculum – Delivering high quality seamless and sequential learning across the primary phase
- Re-defining the Secondary Curriculum – Defining purpose, sequencing seamless content and delivering impact
Collaboration and positive professional dialogue are key to creating the right culture to ensure all staff build on what they do well and what needs to change. Creating a coaching culture is by far the best way to ensure all staff are working together using professional dialogue to share good practice, develop highly effective strategies for learning and achieve the school vision. For leaders and managers developing the coaching skills that will empower others to deliver the vision, rationale and ambition for curriculum change is profound. Join us at one of our coaching events highlighted below.
- Leading a Coaching School – Empowering a culture of positive change that cascades continuous improvement
- Coaching from the Middle – How to influence change, build outstanding teams and lead innovation
- Enhancing the Role of the Subject Leader – managing curriculum change that delivers sequential, seamless and deep knowledge and skills
For pastoral leaders who will have a pivotal role in assessing the impact of curriculum change on the well-being and learning potential of their pupils and for the SENCO where parity is high on the agenda as is a curriculum that meets the needs of pupils with special needs we have these tailor made training opportunities.
- Coaching for Pastoral Leaders and Year Heads – Enhance well-being, improve behaviour, inspire confidence
- Coaching for SEN(D)COs – A focus on the roles and responsibilities of the SEN(D)CO and how developing a range of coaching skills can support collaboration, communication and clarity of vision
For Teachers and support staff coaching can have a significant impact on how well pupils can access the curriculum, deepen their learning, ensure that they become unconsciously competent in their use of skills and can access knowledge that will enter their long term memory as part of a process of deep learning over time. We have superb training opportunities with original and highly praised content.
- Coaching Towards Outstanding Teaching and Learning
- Coaching for Teaching Assistants and Support Staff
- Coaching in the Classroom with Pupils
Pivotal to ensuring that the vision, rationale and ambition is translated into positive outcomes for learners is ensuring that all staff know the part they play in the school’s journey towards creating successful outcomes. It is essential that professional development for all staff fosters confidence and provides opportunities for the sharing and cascading of good practice and the cascading of innovative learning opportunities. Ensuring the appraisal process and subsequent quality assurance processes will be a secure confirmation that the curriculum intent is translated into positive implementation and profound impact for all learners. Ensure performance management is linked to a professional development agenda using our training below.
- Re-thinking Appraisal and Performance Management- Influencing learning, empowering people and creating a culture of positive change
- The Art of Positive Lesson Observation – How to use powerful feedback that nurtures reflection, learning and outstanding teaching
- Lesson Study – Enhancing learning through professional collaboration and enquiry
Curriculum concepts, knowledge for sequential learning and the core and softer skills are at the heart of ensuring the curriculum weaves deep understanding and creates opportunities to build on prior learning and informs future learning. Ensure all staff can see how the skills are essential to accessing knowledge and deepening learning over time.
- Literacy is the Language of Learning – Enhancing the role of the Literacy Co-ordinator
- Making Number Count Across the Curriculum -Enhancing the role of the Numeracy Co-ordinator
- Mastery and Deeper Learning in Literacy and Numeracy across the Primary Curriculum
- Embedding Literacy and Numeracy in subject specific contexts across the secondary curriculum- Policy into Practice
All our courses are designed using the most up-to-date sector led research. We have created a CPD offer that means all the materials and resources are available for you to use following on from the training so that they can be used to cascade yours and your colleagues learning to others. Build a learning culture that delivers seamless learning with a curriculum packed with concepts, skills and knowledge using prestigious and expert training programmes.