What are the implications for school leaders now that the draft OFSTED handbook to be used from September 2019 has been published?
Creating a strategy for highly effective, cost effective and sustainable CPD is an essential component. All staff must know the part they play in contributing to the vision. They need to assess and refine their current provision and look at ambitious and new content and approaches that will provide profound evidence that what is planned and implemented has breadth and depth and is sequenced so that new knowledge and skills build on what has been taught before and move the learning towards well defined end points.
OFSTED recognise the need for training and development as one of their 25 indicators published as part of their research into the quality of education through curriculum intent, implementation and impact.
Leaders ensure that ongoing professional development/training is available for staff to ensure that curriculum requirements can be met.
We already have a CPD offer that matches what is being asked for here. The research and suggested indicators for delivering a high-quality seamless curriculum for learning has been a part of our thinking over many years. We don’t have to change very much at all in reaching out to schools we work with across England with an offer that mirrors exactly the CPD that will make a significant difference to how schools manage change in this context. Build a CPD plan with us. Use coaching to cascade learning, shape content and share ideas. We help you define a pathway for ensuring professional dialogue delivers a profound high-quality education for all.
- For leaders – deepen your coaching skills and empower your senior team to disseminate the rationale, the ambition and the vision with our Leading a Coaching School programme
- For subject and middle leaders – focus on how coaching can significantly impact on how you create profound opportunities for the development of a cohesive and seamless curriculum offer that builds on conceptual learning, deepens understanding and ensures unconscious competence in the use of skills for learning Coaching from the Middle – How to influence change, build outstanding teams and lead innovation
- For teachers and their support teams – deepen their understanding of the pedagogies that will create independent learners who can make connections, develop higher order thinking skills and accept challenge as part of their journey through the curriculum Coaching Towards Outstanding Teaching and Learning and Coaching for Teaching Assistants and support staff
- For those with responsibility for ensuring seamless transition we have two exceptional training courses Moving on – creating a transition strategy that builds a continuum of learning from Key Stage 1 to Key Stage 2 and Crossing the Transition Bridge – Seamless learning from Key Stage 2 to 3
- Formative assessment across the primary curriculum and Formative Assessment across the secondary curriculum – Join us for our essential and well researched focus on assessment and how it dovetails into creating a seamless and sequential curriculum plan
- We continue to run our very popular curriculum courses that set out the principles and strategies linked to curriculum change and challenge. Re-defining the Primary Curriculum – Content, cohesion and purpose and Re-defining the Secondary Curriculum – Defining purpose, designing content and delivering impact
Clearly there is need to focus on what is different, what needs to change and how leaders, managers, teaching and support staff will contribute to creating the evidence that the quality of education linked to how the curriculum is planned and delivered creates opportunities for outstanding learning deeper, understanding and progression over time.
Remember, take advantage of our second delegate rate if you book different members of staff onto several of our courses. We can also deliver all our training as INSET for your school are your partner schools where this applies.