CPD in a box is a resource for schools and colleges. Each box contains all the materials, presentations and activities for one training course. Included as part of the contents is a pen drive so that the training can be disseminated electronically. The transcripts and materials will also provide all the tools to deliver the course to groups of staff across the school or for a whole school INSET, training session or twilight.
We maintain that there are very clear advantages to having the opportunity to work with other delegates and have the expertise of a talented trainer in a setting away from school. However, the current retention and recruitment crisis and the lack of funding available suggests to us that this is an excellent way of continuing to ensure that outstanding, well-researched and highly relevant CPD is available to as many staff in school as possible.
We will have several of our courses available to buy over the next few months. The first ones will be available at the beginning of the summer term. The first titles will include:-
- Rethinking Appraisal – Influencing learning, empowering people and creating a culture of positive change
- The Art of Positive Lesson Observation – How to use powerful feedback that nurtures reflection, creates opportunities for deep learning and shares and cascades great pedagogy
- Rethinking Formative Assessment – creating a cohesive whole school approach to ensuring assessment is designed thoughtfully to shape future learning
- Coaching the NQT – Going beyond mentoring
Each box will cost £595.00 + VAT and can be used again and again with staff across the school. We hope to have these first boxes of CPD available at the beginning of the summer term. If this is of interest, we would love to hear from you. Please will you complete the form on our Contact us page with your name, school, telephone number and email address and write CPD in a box in the comment page. We can then forward more information about the contents and let you know when the first boxes will be available.
We also have some new training courses available in the summer term. We are constantly revising our offer linked to curriculum, inspectorate and policy changes. We have a team of experts who keep us all up to date and develop innovative, dynamic and interactive materials and resources to ensure that CPD drives excellence and improvement across your school or college. Have a look at what’s new,
- Enhancing the Role of the Subject Leader – managing curriculum change that delivers sequential, seamless and deep knowledge and skills
- Rethinking formative assessment – creating a cohesive whole school approach to ensuring assessment is designed thoughtfully to shape future learning
- Harnessing Achievement for those with Special Needs in the Secondary Phase- Creating an ambitious curriculum offer for pupils with SEND, those who are disadvantaged or are deemed to be lower-ability
- Delivering a Vocational Pathway that Counts – creating deep and rich learning for pupils who need a different approach
Ensuring CPD is at the heart of your vision for excellence and improvement across the school is a powerful strategy that will reap rewards. Staff feel valued, they are given the opportunity to grow in their role and they learn how to reflect on what they do well and what they need to do to improve upon. We have designed all our CPD courses in such a way that those who attend our training can take their learning back to share it with others. In this way we make sure that the content continues to build learning opportunities widely for all staff. In this way we know that the CPD we offer is sustainable, cascades knowledge and skills and is cost – effective.