Governor Training - Ensuring Governors provide confident and strategic leadership
Ensuring Governors provide confident and strategic leadership
Ever-changing policy and the demands of OFSTED have an impact on school planning, staffing and strategy. Governors need to have a good understanding of how change impacts on the educational and financial performance of the school. The y need to know what evidence OFSTED will want to see. The Learning Cultures' curriculum team have designed this full day training event that will provide all the relevant information Governors will need to ensure that the school is making the right decisions to ensure successful outcomes and effective progression for all pupils in the school. We use some coaching techniques and approaches for Governors to learn how to make the most of their time in school with Headteachers and other members of the school's or college's strategic teams.
- Provide a policy update to ensure Governors have all the information they need in relation to any changes that affect accountability, planning and strategy
- Allow time for Governors to review their role and what is expected of them and also what is outside their remit
- Give Governors time to reflect on the changes to school planning and accountability and the implications for the future performance of the school
- Focus on how the Governing body can monitor and support the development of rich and deep curriculum that is challenging and fit for purpose for all learners
- Ensure Governors leave with a pack of information and resources to support them in their role
- Build an element of coaching into the training package which will look at how Governors can develop highly effective listening, questioning and influencing skills to support them in the role as a Governor
We have a small team of curriculum experts who are also currently school governors or have been in the recent past. We work closely with policy makers and the research community to bring schools and other educational organisations a powerful training experience for all new or experienced Governors.
Who should attend?
School Governors who are not part of the education system and who therefore have not been involved in planning for implemention of the new curriculum. This event will also be useful for managers in school who would like to use the training to take back to school to cascade to their complete Governing Board. We can also run this event as an in-house event or as a twilight session with reduced content for your whole Governing Body.
Second or Subsequent Delegate Price: