Mastering the Primary Curriculum - creating a learning platform for progress, learning and achievement
We bring best practice examples and the latest implementation strategies linked to significant and robust research into effective delivery and assessment models. We also provide an opportunity for Curriculum Managers and primary leaders and managers to reflect on how new curriculum strategies are impacting on learning and achievement. Our expert team can support all those working with learning in the primary setting to create opportunities that will lead to a consistent approach across all teaching in each year group, across the key stages and within specific subject teaching. The embedding of literacy and numeracy within each lesson remains a critical element of the evidence required for OFSTED and ensuring a consistent approach across all learning and a clear strategy for how to ensure pupils build on prior learning and progress well as they move through the years and key stages is essential.
This event is designed to ensure that managers and teachers are as up to date as possible with how to deliver and assess learning through the new curriculum. However, it is also and more importantly designed to ensure that those attending can take away ideas and resource recommendations that will help with delivery, save time and create the right environment with which to manage a curriculum that has breadth and balance and that will build a platform for all learners to achieve their potential by the end of year 6.
The event will focus on:-
- A clear and concise overview of the current information available about how schools are putting the changes into practice including a review of the latest September 2015 OFSTED Inspection Handbook. Click here to download a copy of the bulleted list that we have put together which highlights the major changes to the handbook
- An opportunity to focus on how best to build a continuum of learning that builds on prior learning and delivers high levels of progression
- A specific look at the embedding of Maths and English/literacy and numeracy across all teaching so that learners are competent and able to make connections in every aspect of their learning
- Considering the implications of the expectation that 85% of pupils will meet an exacting standard which is equivalent to at least a 4B (NC) and how this will affect delivery of the Key Stage 2 overarching curriculum
- The chance to look at the process of reflection and professional dialogue through coaching that will foster the sharing of good practice and resources that will support learning and progression in an individual school or across a federation or partnership
The Learning Cultures team are looking closely at the latest information on assessment and accountability measures for primary education and the new curriculum. This event will give those who attend an opportunity to review how they can build on what they do well now and develop robust strategies to support the management of change linked to the latest guidance on assessment and progression.
Who is it for?
Head teachers, Deputy Heads and Assistant Heads who are responsible for curriculum or for the Continuing Professional Development of staff. Subject leaders and those with responsibility for embedding the literacy and numeracy strand across the curriculum. Teachers across all years and key stages who need to review their planning and schemes of work to ensure that they provide powerful learning opportunities and deliver high levels of progression. This event will also be very useful to those involved in the transition process from Key Stage to Key Stage especially from 2 to 3 as the degree of partnership is becoming ever more crucial to ensuring all learners can progress and achieve their full potential.
All our events are centrally located. Registation and refreshments are available from 9.30am for a 10.00am start, and we will finish around 3.30-4.00pm. We always provide lunch.
We also offer this event for groups of primary schools, in-house for INSET or for a whole management team
First Delegate Price:
£275.00 + VAT
Second or Subsequent Delegate Price:
£225.00 + VAT
To book a place, please click on the venue and date of your choice below:
Venues and Events
Tuesday November 08, 2016
Wednesday November 09, 2016
Tuesday November 15, 2016
Monday December 05, 2016
Wednesday December 14, 2016
Where We Can Help…
We offer training and development that creates the evidence OFSTED or ESTYN are looking for.
Promoting learning, achievement and potential.
Cascading Excellence in Teaching and Learning.
Delivering Outstanding Teaching and Learning.
Powerful CPD that cascades outstanding practice.
"I have been so inspired by what I have learnt today, different, relevant and so exciting" "The opportunity to practise my coaching skills has really helped to consolidate my thoughts, I know what I need to to next" "The most exciting opportunity within clear boundaries to talk about teaching and learning and share some innovation from colleagues"
Comments from a coaching INSET this January
"Attended a superb course lead by Jayne today. Walked away with a wealth of new knowledge, enough materials for half a dozen INSET sessions at my own school ... and a huge motivation to take coaching - at a different and advanced level - into my own school. What she doesn't know about teaching, learning, coaching, NQT support, etc ... isn't worth knowing! " From a delegate attending our Coaching Towards Outstanding Teaching and Learning in Manchester
Coaching Towards Outstanding Teaching and Learning