Our team have all been a part of the development of the curriculum offer that currently exists. We have designed resources and delivered on many of the support programmes that have underpinned the development and implementation of the Diploma, Functional Skills, Foundation Learning, the national curriculum and the new GCSEs. There are changes planned that may have far reaching implications for us and for the schools, colleges and other educational organisations we work with. We are working closely with policy makers and are watching carefully as developments related to the curriculum are revealed. Our SCOPE coaching model can support your staff when change is inevitable and provides solutions to managing the change process well.
Our Coaching Towards Excellence and Improvement in Teaching and Learning training day is aimed at training your teachers who are good or outstanding to coach so that they can work with their peers and others to cascade best practice and develop a culture of reflective practice where quality teaching is celebrated and learning is enhanced.
We have listed a number of curriculum enhancing programmes that we have developed. We run off the shelf off site events or we can tailor a programme to suit your needs that relate to your strategy for improvement. The public events we are running this term are highlighted below, click to find out more.
- Language, Literacy and Listening across the Curriculum. Learners need to be able to make connections so that they can become unconsciously competent at using their skills. They need to be able to apply them in a range of contexts and apply the right concept in increasingly complex and unfamiliar tasks. Making sure that every subject and every teacher is making those connections is the first step to ensuring success GCSE English and Maths and across the whole curriculum.
- The Effective use of ICT in a 21C Curriculum – Providing an innovative and thought provoking approach to how technology can bring learning to life and provide both the teacher and the learner with opportunities to work together to develop skills and knowledge for life and work. Our ICT guru has some amazing ideas and resources that will transform your teaching.
- Maths in Context - Making Connections across the Curriculum– Creating a skills culture that embeds functionality in Maths, English and ICT across all subjects and within all learning activity to develop an unconcsious competence in the use and application of number.
- Foundation Learning - Harnessing Achievement for Learners working below a C at GCSE – Finding out about new ways of working with foundation learners. Developing a curriculum to support learners to achieve a range of skills and qualifications that are available for learners at Entry level or level 1. We explore the many pathways and possibilities that exist with the Foundation framework
- Constructing a School Timetable – The Principles and processes - A good school timetable is the foundation which provides a quality teaching and learning experience. Our expert in timetable design has worked with us to develop this one day programme to support the design and planning of innovative and practical solutions to creating the best possible timetable for your school.
- Curriculum Planning – Rising to the challenge of change – Is your curriculum fit for purpose? Are you up to date with the many policy changes? Will your curriculum meet the needs of all learners? We bring you all the latest information about all the curriculum changes and work with your Curriculum or Teaching and Learning Manager to plan how to design a curriculum offer that creates opportunities for all learners to achieve their full potential.
- What Makes an Outstanding Teacher? – This is a very popular course that looks closely at what it means to be outstanding as a teacher. We ask how a teacher can create a learning environment that truly focuses on each individual learner and helps them towards being high achievers who love learning and know how they can grow and develop towards successful outcomes at each key stage.
To find out more please email us on email@example.com or phone us on 01746 765076.